Captain Clement Robinson
Clement Robinson was raised in Struan Hill House Delgany (now in ruins) by his Irish mother Frances Octavia Caroline Robertson (nee Wynne). He and his four brothers were founder members of Delgany Golf club and he won the Captain’s Prize in the first year it was played for in 1908. He is also commemorated in Christ Church Delgany and in Glasnevin Cemetery Dublin. His is one of four Victoria Cross Commemorative Stones unveiled on Armistice Day 2017 in honour of Irish men who received the VC in the First World War. The attached document from Wikipedia gives details of his life and his great bravery. We would be delighted to hear from anyone who can confirm the Wikipedia information or perhaps add to it.
Add a comment about this page